Please note, if you are bringing Christmas gifts for our patients, the last day that we can accept them before Christmas is Monday 18th December. This will mean we have plenty of time to distribute gifts to our patients before Christmas. From Saturday 23rd December, our Charity Hub will be closed, so please get your gifts to us in plenty of time.
Please contact our Fundraising Hub Officer Jane on [email protected] or call 0114 399 7991 to arrange delivering your donation to the hospital.
Here are a few guidelines and advice when donating:
- The best kinds of presents are a low cost of around £10 each. This is so the Play Specialists can fairly distribute gifts, as it's difficult if one child gets a relatively low-cost gift and the child in the next bed gets an expensive one.
- Don't forget the age group you're donating to is 0-18 years. Babies and teenagers are often forgotten. Please do not buy make up in case they have allergic reactions or skin conditions which means they can't be used. Nail varnishes etc are great gifts.
- Please do not wrap the gifts. This will help us match your gift to an appropriate patient. However, if you would like to donate wrapping paper or gifts bags that would be very helpful.
- All toys need to be new. We are unable to accept second-hand toys or books in any condition due to the need for high standards of infection control in hospital.
- Children love characters from films and TV programmes like Harry Potter, Disney characters, superhero for example.
- We are unable to give cash donations / gifts to individual patients, families or staff. Cash donations must go through the charity to ensure all families are treated equally and fairly.
- Remember patients are not just in one place. We treat children at the main children’s hospital on Clarkson Street, Becton Centre near Crystal Peaks, Ryegate Centre in Tapton, Flocton House in Nether Edge, Embrace the specialist ambulance service as well as within the community.
Please drop off all gifts by appointment to the Charity Hub, which is located in Outpatients at Sheffield Children’s Hospital on Clarkson Street. Please contact Jane our Fundraising Hub Officer, or call 0114 399 7991 to arrange delivering your donation to the hospital.