Festive snowflake displays return to help Sheffield Children’s!
While Christmas may look a little different this year, the much-loved twinkling display of snowflakes will once again return to bring joy to the region in aid of Sheffield Children’s.
A highlight of the festive season for many, The Children’s Hospital Charity’s award-winning initiative has raised over £1m for Sheffield Children’s Hospital since 2013.
The Charity is appealing to as many of the local community to get involved as possible, with fundraising hard hit due to the coronavirus pandemic. This year’s display will support Sheffield Children’s where it is needed most, including by the redevelopment of the hospital’s Cancer and Leukaemia ward.
Tchad Western, Corporate Fundraising Manager at The Children’s Hospital Charity explained: “Our annual snowflake appeal brings people together with a shared goal to build a better future for the staff, patients and their families at Sheffield Children’s.
“Thanks to the support of businesses, schools, community groups, families and individuals, in recent years we have funded life-saving medical equipment, a state-of-the-art machine to analyse Vitamin D deficiency and contributed to three world-class new wards.
“The snowflakes are a highlight for staff working over the festive season and young patients spending their Christmas in hospital. Please join our effort to make snowflakes bigger than ever before, end 2020 on a high and help transform our Cancer and Leukaemia ward.”
Did you know?
- Made from Sheffield steel, many of the snowflakes have been handmade by local volunteers, with the first appearing on Sheffield Children’s back in 2004.
- Each snowflake is sponsored by a business, school, group or individual.
- Sponsorship starts at just £500 with the fundraising due in March 2021.
- In return for pledging to raise funds, each sponsor sees their snowflake sparkle with an attached name tag recognising their contribution for all to see.
- They can be found on three sites at Sheffield Children’s, including Western Bank, the Becton Centre for Children and Young People and the Ryegate Children’s Centre.
- Snowflakes will also light up Pinstone Street in Sheffield City Centre, Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre and the Alhambra Shopping Centre in Barnsley.