Bears of Sheffield
Bears of Sheffield
The Bears of Sheffield is a public arts exhibition which will unite the city whilst celebrating everything that is wonderful about Sheffield and its surrounding areas. Coordinated by The Children's Hospital Charity, the trail will bring together businesses, communities, artists and schools whilst supporting Sheffield Children’s Hospital. The Bears are currently being brought to life by artists of all ages, both professional and amateur, and they are set to make a dramatic entrance in July 2021.
The Children's Hospital Charity have seen many events postponed including the Bears of Sheffield and a decline in fundraising due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The Bears will raise vital funds to support Sheffield Children's, helping to fund where the money is needed most which is a new Cancer and Leukaemia Ward.
The Bears of Sheffield will showcase both big and little bear sculptures in both indoor and outdoor locations. The enjoyment and health and safety of everyone taking part has always been our top priority. Lots of work has already gone into preparing for the trail so it can be enjoyed by everyone safely, here are a few examples of what we are doing behind the scenes:
- You will not need to scan a QRcode when collecting bears on your account. You will simply need to be withing 5m distance of the sculpture, encouraging social distancing.
- All locations are being assessed and how they can encourage social distancing.
- Indoor locations are being readdressed to ensure social distancing can be achieved, but more work is needed to find the right solution for every bear.
- Touching sculptures will be discouraged.
- Clusters of Bears will be limited which may mean more steps and walking between each sculpture.
- Schools have been given longer to fundraise for their bear due to their closures
- Bears are being painted in isolation or in small groups to help social distancing.
- We are working closely with Sheffield City Council and other partners to ensure the project adheres to government guidelines
The Children’s Hospital Charity are determined to continue to support the national effort to protect the NHS, save lives and slow the spread of the coronavirus in line with the latest UK government guidance. To support such efforts the Bears of Sheffield trail has been postponed to summer 2021.
Throughout the bears trail we're looking for local businesses, community groups and individuals who would like to do some fundraising and support us in our appeal to transform the Cancer and Leukaemia Ward. If you would like to get involved please just e-mail us at email@example.com or phone 0114 321 2470.