We urgently need to build a new facility for our Emergency Department
You can help make a change for the better with a new Emergency Department, £4.5million
Sheffield Children’s Hospital Emergency Department is a Major Trauma Centre, helping up to 200 children a day from South Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire deal with every possible problem imaginable. Our treatment is among the best in the UK, but our facilities do little to ease the anxiety felt by children and families at what is often a stressful and scary time.
As the population of our region grows, so does the demand on our ED.
The department was built to see a maximum of 32,000 patients a year but now sees 60,000 patients. You will be proving a legacy for years to come for children who may not even be born yet; future doctors, nurses, teachers or even postman! We don’t know who will need the Emergency Department but we know it is needed to save lives and treat our children.
Charity funding helps to ensure that what we build and deliver meets the exact needs of children and their families, facilitating the best possible services to be developed.
Your support will make a difference not just to the care that children receive but the way that they receive it. We want children visiting our Emergency Department to have the best possible experience, delivered to them by Emergency Department team who has everything that they could possible need to give children and their families what they need in the way that works best.
How to get involved
There are many ways you can get involved and help build a Helipad.
- * Take part in an event. From inflatable obstacles to running a marathon...
- * Jump out of an aeroplane, you know you want to!
- * Take on a tiny challenge like Kilimanjaro!
- * Hold a raffle, everyone loves to buy a raffle ticket!
- * Make an individual donation! Every pound will make a difference and if everyone you knew donated £10 we would be that little bit closer.
- * Organise your own event. Get into the ED spirit and hold a bake sale, raffle, fancy dress all with a theme of A&E.
- * Get your company or place of work to support the appeal and sponsor a treatment room. Please get in touch if you would like more information.
- * Sponsor a treatment room. Please get in touch if you would like more information.