Thank you for supporting Sheffield Children's
We are very grateful that you have chosen to fundraise for The Children’s Hospital Charity as we can only carry on our vital work to support Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust with your support.
By fundraising with The Children’s Hospital Charity, you are entering into an agreement to raise money for Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust. To help you raise as much as possible you will be given the option to use the charity’s fundraising materials, supporter logo and Theo where appropriate. In return we would like to see / approve your promotional material before they are advertised to the public.
We understand that fundraising is a special and often personal decision and the charity makes a promise to you that your donation will be well cared for. You will be treated with courtesy, sensitivity and respect and the charity will be there to answer any questions you may have, such as how your fundraising will make a difference to children’s lives.
When fundraising for Sheffield Children’s Hospital with The Children’s Hospital Charity, you have the following options:
- You can allow the Charity, to decide how best the funds will be used to help make Sheffield Children’s Hospital the extraordinary place it is. This option is the Charity’s default option as it allows departments who are not front facing or don’t receive as many donations to still receive charitable funding.
- You can choose whether the money you raise is to be put towards a certain project or fund which has already been established. If this option is selected, the funds that you raise will be used for that specified purpose until the project is fully funded. If the project becomes fully funded any excess funds raised will be used on alternative appropriate projects at Sheffield Children’s Hospital that are being supported by the charity. This is to ensure that funds can be utilised where they are needed most when a project has been fully funded.
- You can choose the capital appeal as a whole so that the money you raise will help the development where it is needed most – this will help us to ensure that the department which needs to be developed first receives funds when they need them, we will then move on to the second department and so on until the projects are fully funded.
We will honour any requests for money raised to go towards a specific project or fund, this will be actioned at the point of request, therefore we ask you to inform us of this at the start of your fundraising journey with us. The Charity’s default option (option 1) will be in place for any income received by the Charity prior to the request being made.
Your fundraising will be used wisely ensuring that the children and their families who visit Sheffield Children’s Hospital will benefit from your donation. The charity will always work hard to make your donation go further, ensuring that the charity’s running costs are as minimal as possible. Please visit the charity commission website for more information. Please note that charities are only legally permitted to return donations in very limited circumstances.
Our supporter promise
We are The Children's Hospital Charity. We need your help to raise money to fund things that the NHS does not cover, so we can continue to buy life-saving equipment, fund vital research and treatment for thousands of children from across the world and help us to create a comfortable, engaging environment for our patients.
Patients and families are at the heart of everything we do and you’re vital to us being able to treat them with the best facilities in a hospital designed with children in mind. We want to keep in touch with you, to let you know what you have funded and to share the stories of the children you have supported. We also want you to know when we need your help and what you can do – but it’s really important to us that you choose how we contact you so that you are in control, and that you know your information is safe with us.
Our promise to you
* Without you, we would simply not exist. That is why your trust is vital to us and why we make these promises to you:
* We will keep you up to date and share stories of how your donation makes a difference to our children.
* All donations will be used to support the vital work of the hospital over and above NHS provision.
* We promise to make it clear and easy for you to choose how you hear from us, including how to opt out from future communications.
* We will always check first that you are happy to speak to us if/when we call.
* We will be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people.
Thank you for your continued support.