I am delighted that Sheffield Children's Hospital is supporting the TOO500 challenge in loving memory of Oscar. TOO500 will bring together leading paediatric units across the country to help raise £500,000 to support the development of child health technology and to support career development in this field. Children and Young People are our future; TOO500 will champion the need to focus on the future of child health and unite paediatric centres to work collaboratively to ensure the best technology is developed to advance the healthcare of children and young people.
Thinking of Oscar #TOO500
Join the team to cycle 500 miles in 5 days to raise £500,000
Funds raised will enable not just Sheffield Children’s Hospital but other hospitals across the UK to embark on first of a kind, innovative projects focused on child health and well-being .
From Wednesday June 12th to Sunday June 16th 2019 we will be cycling 500 miles, over 5 days, visiting 5 of the top Children’s Hospitals in England. The goal of the event is two-fold; Firstly, we are aiming to raise £500,000 to create an ‘Innovation Fund’ which will enable the hospitals involved to conduct multiple first of a kind projects focused on improving child health and well being. Secondly, we wish to raise the profile of the need for greater funding and focus on children’s health in a largely adult centric world. It is no coincidence that this event also marks the 5th Anniversary of Oscar's death.
The route will start at the Oxford Children's Hospital and end back in Oxford going via Birmingham Children's Hospital, Alder Hey Children's Hospital, Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, Sheffield Children's Hospital and Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital.
Our ambition is to get as many riders as possible taking part over the 5 days. Should you wish to join us for the whole ride or just for one or two days, there will be an opportunity for everyone to join in.
Day Rider: Minimum Fundraising Required: £500, cost £50
- Experienced ride leaders to guide you around the route
- Lunch Stop at 50 miles including a specially designed nutritious lunch catering for all dietary requirements
- Pit Stops at 25 miles and 75 miles with sports nutrition, drinks, food, toilets and rest areas
- Mechanical support at the start and en route
- Medical support at the start and en route
- Baggage transfer from start to finish with option of a day bag being available en route
- Sweep bus service for retirements
- Optional hotel accommodation before or after (at additional cost)
5 Day Rider: Minimum Fundraising Required: £2,000, cost £560
- As described for Day Riders plus
- 4 nights overnight accommodation in a twin occupancy room (supplement for single room available)
- Breakfast each morning
- Evening Meal catering for all dietary requirements on each day
- Thinking of Oscar #TOO500 Jersey