Golden Hour Challenge
Take on the Golden Hour Challenge to help build a new Emergency Department at Sheffield Children’s Hospital.
The Golden Hour is the first hour after a traumatic injury, when treatment is most effective. Raise a £1 for every minute in the Golden Hour to help our young patients when they need it the most. Plus every pound raised, up to £20,000, will be doubled by Graham Royle of GRI Group Ltd and an anonymous donor. How amazing is that!
The Emergency Department was built to see a maximum of 32,000 patients a year but now sees 60,000 patients. Our treatment is among the best in the UK, but our facilities do little to ease the anxiety felt by children and families at what is often a stressful and scary time. You can help build a new Emergency Department, creating space and privacy.
What could you do?
- Download a challenge poster and guess which ambulance has the golden ticket. Everyone loves a sweepstake at work!
- Get your yellow on. Ask your school, workplace or community group to wear yellow for the day in exchange for a donation.
- Get creative with a golden quiz, gold raffle, gold bunting, gold paper chains, gold plasters… basically anything gold!
- Set yourself a challenge to raise £60 by running, walking or cycling. £1 for every life-saving minute of the Golden Hour.
- Host your own Theo Bingo with Theo bingo calling card!
- Go bold and bake gold. Everyone loves a bake sale, go one step further with a gold theme; Lemon tart, banana cake, lemon drizzle, treacle sponge… you think of the cake and for a small donation, everyone samples your golden treats!
Request a fundraising pack and wear, bake, make, create and get active for your Golden Hour £60 challenge.
Get in touch and we will send you a fundraising pack in January.