Please note, we are unable to accept second-hand toys or books in any condition due to the need for high standards of infection control in the hospital.
Toy and gift donations
Thank you for supporting Sheffield Children's, here's how to donate toys and gifts for the hospital.
We are so grateful that you are thinking of our patients and families at Sheffield Children's and would like to purchase or donate gifts for them.
At Sheffield Children's we have a wonderful team of Play Specialists who purchase toys, activities and games for children staying in the hospital. As such, instead of purchasing toys and gifts, could you donate to the play specialist fund or help us raise money to improve the facilities at Sheffield Children's?
Here are some of the areas you could donate to:
- Play Specialist Fund: All the money raised for this fund will allow our Play Specialists to buy the perfect toys for patients to enjoy! If you would like to donate to this fund please click here for instructions
abouthow you can donate.
- Build a Better Future Appeal: Find out more about our appeal to build a new Cancer and Leukaemia Ward.
- Choose where you donate to: Let us know if there is a specific place at Sheffield Children's you'd like your donation to go to and we will do our very best to accommodate this.
If you would still like to donate toys and gifts, we ask that you please follow the guidelines below:
- Physical gifts must be brand new and packaged, small and not gift-wrapped. They must be clean, safe, suitable and complete
- For health & safety reasons, gifts donated cannot be wrapped; all presents need checking before they are given out to patients, and it is a shame when the Play Specialists have to unwrap beautifully wrapped gifts! However, it would be helpful to donate the wrapping paper etc along with the gifts so that staff are able to wrap the gifts once they have been checked.
- The very young, (e.g. babies) and older children (e.g. teenagers) are the ages that tend to get most overlooked, so we would appreciate gifts for these age ranges; these could include rattles etc for the young babies and toiletries or gift vouchers for older children.
- Please do not buy make up for girls in case they have allergic reactions or skin conditions which means they can't be used. Nail varnishes etc are great gifts for girls.
Please contact Jane, our Fundraising Hub Officer, or call
Thank you for your support!