Make it Better appeal
In 2012 we launched our biggest challenge to date – a journey to transform Sheffield Children's Hospital and make it even better!
The Make it Better appeal is vital to the future of our hospital. Lots of wards were built in the 1960's, the hospital is becoming increasingly cramped and there is limited outdoor space. The appeal aims to match world class facilities with the existing world class care, creating the best possible environment for children to get better more quickly.
We need to raise £10million regionally with the NHS funding over £20million.
As work continues on the hospital we need to raise vital funds to;
- Transform our wards to single occupancy rooms, with space for parents to stay with their child and a private place to play.
- Ease the journey between departments making it brighter and child friendly.
- Create a hospital designed with children in mind.
- Create a brighter environment to help children get better more quickly.
- Build secure outdoor spaces in our patient garden.
- Bring sensory equipment for patient’s bedrooms creating a calming environment.
Let's make it better together!